Mon, 25 May 2026
Headlines:
Zara inquest to resume in June
Published on: Friday, May 22, 2026
Published on: Fri, May 22, 2026
By: Cynthia D Baga
Text Size:
Text:
Zara inquest to resume in June
Kota Kinabalu: Zara Qairina Mahathir’s stepsister is expected to testify when the inquest into the teenager’s death resumes from June 22 to 26.

Former Sabah State Prosecution Director and current Melaka State Prosecution Director Nahra Dollah informed Coroner Amir Shah Amir Hassan of the matter after proceedings concluded on Friday.

Advertisement
Counsel Shahlan Jufri also told the court that deponents from their side are expected to testify during the June proceedings.

About 73 deponents have testified in the inquest, which has been ongoing for nearly eight months since it began in September 2025, including experts, doctors, teachers, students and Zara’s family members.

SPONSORED CONTENT
Cosmobeauté Malaysia and beautyexpo will expand into East Malaysia with the launch of the Cosmobeauté Malaysia Borneo Festival 2026 at the Sabah International Convention Centre (SICC) from May 25 to 26.
Zara’s parents are also expected to testify, although the dates for their appearances have yet to be fixed, while the coroner previously said he would not estimate when the inquest would conclude.
* Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel and Telegram for breaking news alerts and key updates!

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.
Advertisement
Share this story
Advertisement
Advertisement
Follow Us  
           
Daily Express News  
© Copyright 2026 Sabah Publishing House Sdn. Bhd. (Co. No. 35782-P)
close
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
open
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here