NABAWAN: Nearly 3,000 residents in six villages in Mukim Pemuntarian here are cut off by flash floods that have yet to recede since Monday.
The are Kampung Ulu Mosopoh, Kalayunan, Salarom Baru, Nakuyung, Pamuntarian and Tiang.
Vehicles transporting goods are forced to transfer items to other vehicles as the road from Nabawan town to Jalan Pamuntarian could no longer be fully accessed.
The floods have also disrupted the daily movement of residents, including access to healthcare and basic necessities, while teachers also faced difficulties reporting for duty at SK Pementarian and SK Ulu Mosopoh.
Assistance in the form of dry and wet food supplies were distributed by Nabawan Assemblyman Abdul Ghani Yassin and Assistant Minister of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, who is also Tulid Assemblyman, Jordan Jude Ellron.
Nabawan Community Development Leader (PPM) Deckson Andipai said the immediate aid was to help affected residents while awaiting further government assistance through the District Disaster Management Committee (JPBD).
Advertisement

“This contribution will hopefully help families cut off by the floods while waiting for conditions to return to normal,” he said.
Kampung Salarom Baru village chief Lumababai Antawor expressed appreciatio for the assistance. He said residents had been unable to travel to Nabawan town since last Saturday after roads became submerged and impassable to vehicles.
Kampung Salarom Baru JKKK chairman Ambilek Omopor also conveyed his gratitude to those who contributed food supplies to the affected villagers.
Tenom District Officer and JPBD Tenom Chairman Alexender Liew said heavy rain on Monday night caused flash floods in several areas around Tenom town and nearby villages.