Wed, 20 May 2026
Headlines:
Police probe into lorry arson and vandalism in Labuan
Published on: Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Published on: Tue, May 19, 2026
By: Malay Mail
Text Size:
Text:
Police probe into lorry arson and vandalism in Labuan
The lorry that was completely burnt.
LABUAN: The Labuan Commercial Fishing Vessel Owners’ Association has lodged a police report following a series of suspected arson and vandalism incidents involving two lorries, with losses estimated at more than RM100,000.

Its Chairman Peter Chi Kain Sang said the association was deeply concerned over the repeated incidents, which saw one lorry completely burnt, while another was about 10 per cent burnt and allegedly damaged after several cables were cut, leaving the vehicle unable to operate.

Advertisement
He said the association had offered an RM10,000 reward to anyone who could provide credible information to assist the police investigation.

“This is the first such incident in many years…we have discussed the matter among our members and tried to come to a conclusion, but at this stage, we do not have anyone to suspect or anything that could clearly point to the cause of the incidents.

SPONSORED CONTENT
Cosmobeauté Malaysia and beautyexpo will expand into East Malaysia with the launch of the Cosmobeauté Malaysia Borneo Festival 2026 at the Sabah International Convention Centre (SICC) from May 25 to 26.
“So far, we do not see any suspicion involving players in the fisheries industry…we will leave it to the police to investigate,” he said at a press conference, here, Monday.

Chi said the first incident occurred on May 13 at about 9pm at Jalan Ujung Pasir near the old fisheries jetty, where the lorry was parked.

Advertisement
He said the second incident took place near the Fisheries Development Authority of Malaysia (LKIM) Complex parking area in Kiamsam, while the third incident occurred on May 17 at Jalan Ujung Pasir, involving a different lorry that was completely burnt.

He said the recurring incidents had caused concern among commercial fishing operators, as lorries were essential in supporting the movement of fishery products, supplies and related logistics activities.

Advertisement
Meanwhile, Labuan Acting Police Chief DSP Robin @ Ridzuan Ismail confirmed that police received a report on the matter and had opened an investigation under Section 435 of the Penal Code.

He said the investigation would be conducted from all angles, and urged anyone with information to come forward to assist the police.

“We call on members of the public who may have witnessed anything suspicious or have any relevant information to contact the police immediately,” he said.
* Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel and Telegram for breaking news alerts and key updates!

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.
Advertisement
Share this story
Advertisement
Advertisement
Follow Us  
           
Daily Express News  
© Copyright 2026 Sabah Publishing House Sdn. Bhd. (Co. No. 35782-P)
close
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
open
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here