Kuala Lumpur: They are Africans studying in private universities in the Klang Valley but are allegedly earning up to RM7,000 a month each working as prostitutes.Immigration Director-General Datuk Seri Khairul Dzaimee Daud said these illegal activities of six female students were exposed when an immigration team raided a luxury condominium here late Thursday night.
Advertisement

He said they operated from several luxury condominiums, charging between RM500 and RM600 for one night of sexual service.
The six, all in their 20s, are students of two private universities, in Taman Shamelin Perkasa here and Subang, he told a press conference after the operation.
This prostitution ring was believed to have started operating last year, using WeChat and Facebook to cater to an exclusive group of clients, he added.
“They conducted their activities in several locations depending on the demand from local clients, and could earn about RM7,000 a month,” he added.
Khairul Dzaimee said five of the women had entered the country on student passes while the sixth used a social visit pass.
During the raid, three other Africans and a local man in their 30s, believed to be their clients, were also nabbed.
He said the six women would be remanded at the Putrajaya Immigration Depot for 14 days for investigation under Section 15(1)(C) of the Immigration Act 1959/63 and Immigration Regulations 1963.
A check found alcohol drink cans, used condoms and clothes in the raided premises.
One of the arrested women pretended to be sick and faint when confronted by immigration personnel.
Meanwhile, the Immigration Department only charges a fee of RM1,136 for the recruitment of each foreign domestic helper (PRA) for the first time, said Khairul Dzaimee.
He said in a statement Friday that the cost included levies, visas by country as well as fees for processing and passes.
According to him, employers are free to choose foreign maids from the Philippines, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Nepal and Laos because the Government does not limit the source countries for PRA recruitment.
“Every PRA intake must comply with the eligibility requirements outlined such as age, gender and pass a health examination by the Foreign Workers Medical Examination Monitoring Agency (Fomema) upon arrival in the country,” he said.
Khairul Dzaimee said this to clarify allegations that the Government charged a high fee of up to five figures for the PRA recruitment process, as reported by a local English-language newspaper on Wednesday (Jan 5).
He said as of Dec 31, 88,173 PRAs were holding Temporary Working Visit Passes (PLKS).
Employers who wish to obtain information on the PRA application procedure, as well as related information, can browse the Immigration Department’s official portal www.imi.gov.my or the department’s official social media.