Home / Sabah Local News
No decision on Tawau Safma takeover: Junz
Published on: Sunday, July 22, 2018

Tawau: State Agriculture and Food Industry Minister Junz Wong has denied that the Government wants to take back the Tawau Safma premises.

He said his Ministry was still conducting an in-depth study on the matter.

"An in-depth study is still going on which may include reviewing the privatisation contract signed by Safma.

No decision or conclusion has been made so far," he said, when commenting on reports on the issue in local newspapers on Friday.

It was learnt that the services and products provided are relatively expensive, resulting in high cost of the offshore industry in Tawau after Safma was privatised.


News Categories

Features
Most Read
RM4m ransom demand
Accountant General confirms Putrajaya's depleting account
Autonomy for Sabah Umno soon, says Zahid
Wipe out illegal gambling: CM
Sabah aspires to be top regional fruit producer
Rosmah told to be present at MACC today
RM50,000 govt allocation for Gaya Street Lantern Fest
Sabah Mufti's proposal to lower marriage age triggers backlash
Astam clinch Under-11 title
Modric ends Ronaldo-Messi era




Follow us on            

Advertisement