Home / Sabah Local News
Nabawan Native Court accepts Council's apology over longhouse
Published on: Wednesday, July 18, 2018

NABAWAN: The Native Court here has accepted an application for apology from the District Council here pertaining to the demolishing of a longhouse, here.

District Native Chief, OKK Sayau Tangkap said apart from accepting the apology, the Native Court here also withdrew its suggestion to impose "sogit" (fine) on the concerned quarter.

He said members of the Nabawan Native Court arrived at the decision after a discussion on the matter on Monday.

"The demolition issue is now settled and there is no claim from the court," Sayau told Daily Express, Tuesday.

Last week, Sayau was reported as saying that the Nabawan Native Court regretted the action of a local authority here for demolishing a longhouse without informing the Native Court.

He said such action violated the traditional customs of the ethnic group.

Sayai said the Native Court has decided not to raise the matter which has been settled amicably.

He also called on all quarters not to bring any new issue with regard to the longhouse that was demolished to avoid public confusion. - Yayasan Dalimpos


News Categories

Features
Most Read
RM4m ransom demand
Accountant General confirms Putrajaya's depleting account
Autonomy for Sabah Umno soon, says Zahid
Wipe out illegal gambling: CM
Sabah aspires to be top regional fruit producer
Sabah Mufti's proposal to lower marriage age triggers backlash
Rosmah told to be present at MACC today
RM50,000 govt allocation for Gaya Street Lantern Fest
Zambo-kk direct flight April
Astam clinch Under-11 title




Follow us on            

Advertisement