Its Secretary-General Datuk Seri Alias Ahmad said the ministry, with the cooperation of the State Health Department, was monitoring the situation, although schools were now closed for the first term break.
"All food supplied to schools are monitored, although there is yet to be an epidemic.
We are always in contact with the State Health Department for the latest development," he said.
He told this to reporters after opening the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Ismail Petra's Parents-Teachers Association meeting in Wakaf Mek Zainab, here, Saturday.
Last Wednesday, the Kelantan Government declared the H5N1 as a State disaster after several free-range chicken died from the disease in Kampung Pulau Tebu, Tunjong, here. So far, 22 villages in six districts are affected by the disease, namely in Kota Baru (14 villages), Pasir Mas (four) and one each in Tumpat, Pasir Puteh, Bachok and Tanah Merah.
Meanwhile, in PUTRAJAYA, Deputy Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahaya said blood tests conducted on workers involved in chicken rearing industry in Kelantan found them to be free from bird flu (H5N1), so far.
However, he said, the ministry would continue to monitor the situation, including conduct checks on the workers, to prevent the disease from spreading to human.
"There is no report of the H5N1 affecting human yet, so far, it only affected the chickens.
As a preventive measure, chicken should be washed and cooked properly," he told reporters after launching the national-level World Kidney Day at Botany Park, here, Saturday.